💕 nista.io is a tool for finding energy savings in industrial production. We empower our users to find, implement and track energy efficiency measures by giving them access to data. We provide our SaaS tool directly to those that need it via a freemium business model.
🎨 Who we are looking for
We are looking for a full time UX/UX designer, who loves putting the user first to shape our product. It doesn’t matter if you are heavier on the research or execution side of an UI/UX designer. We would wish for a person to happily jump on whatever is most important at the moment.
🧚🏻♂️ Well a bit more specific please!
- You dare to ask questions to find the right ones. We all continuously question our own work and reassess what we are building. You can present and justify your work - and you have good arguments as to why you designed something exactly that way and not differently.
- You love polished details without losing sight of the big picture. You are making sure our designs across all platforms are consistent with the brand. Also you enjoy adding a bit of sparkle and fun to the tool. Bonus points for having Frontend Skills or if you also have knowledge in brand design for our other digital and offline touchpoints alongside the platform. We work with Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You know how user centered design works. You are willing to take the perspective of your users and customers, to question familiar perspectives and to engage with their needs and mental models. Ideally you feel confident in designing and leading product discovery methods with our users (eg. interviews, clickdummy tests, field trips, online questionnaires, A/B testing etc.)
Most importantly, we are looking for someone as passionate as we are to help discover, define and deliver real value. NO, you don’t need experience in the manufacturing industry.
😎 Ok! And why nista?
There are not a lot of areas that are as seemingly “dry” as the world of industrial B2B software. We believe that we can use exactly that to mix things up and set a new example of how to build a product, a brand and a world of fun in data analytics. We solve problems step by step, and constantly learn and revise our way of doing things. We are fast, we are playful, we are honest, we are brave and we tend to overwhelm each other, which we strangely enjoy. WE ARE NOT A FAMILY but we really enjoy our time together.
We are in love with our product and very passionate about combining strong technical capabilities with slick and lean design. We know that it needs a great product in order to grow, but your product can be as fantastic as you want: if nobody knows about it, you won’t grow. So YES product development and distribution go hand in hand here at nista.io.
The one thing we can promise is that within our team you have the full space and support to try new, brave, bohemian things! We love that.
🦋 What we offer
Join a strong team. Start a movement. Empower curious engineers.
You don’t need to start from zero. We are a fast growing team of open minded, purpose driven individuals. Our team is built from domain experts in sustainability, energy, and cloud software development. We have built a strong MVP and compelling business model, generated first revenues and closed our first funding round. Over the next 18 months, we will scale our business to ~20 FTE in order to raise our seed round by the end of 2022.
The collective agreement for services in automatic data processing and information technology applies to the advertised position with readiness for overpayment. Remote work and full trust are a given. Additionally, we offer the chance to become part of our journey and shape our company with us.
⏳ I need it in short please!
What you will be working on:
- You accompany user-centered research and testing methods such as interviews, usability tests and workshops and can lead them yourself if necessary - personally or remotely
- You design the user interface and user experience for our nista.io software
- You ensure optimal usability for applications
- You help to achieve ongoing optimization for existing features
- You help to establish and define design standards to create a well scalable product
- You are at the forefront of brainstorming processes and are happy to contribute ideas and suggestions
- You can then develop these ideas independently and accompany them until they are implemented
- You will be shaping the young brand in its digital and non-digital touchpoints with customers (software, newsletter, presentations, social media, etc.)
What you bring to the table
- Motivation for product design – regardless of your formal education
- Knowledge or willingness to learn processes of user-centric design
- Willingness to take the perspective of your users and customers, to question accustomed points of view and to engage with their needs and mental models
- Optionally, you already have experience in developing and leading workshops
- A very good eye for design
- Enjoy interdisciplinary teamwork in agile implementation methods
- Independent working style and sense of responsibility
- Very good knowledge of English (German is a bonus but not a must)
- Very good knowledge of Figma and Adobe Illustrator
👀 Please note, this is a wish list. Not an “all-or-nothing” List. This applies to all openings btw.
💌 How to apply
Send an email with your portfolio that proves your critical thinking and love for detail to email@example.com. If you want to stand out you can send us feedback on our current website and how you would change it and why. Bonus if you also send your CV or a few lines about yourself and what excites you to joining us.
We can’t wait to hear from you! 🥳